Thursday, July 6, 2017

Prepare to Cringe: Crash is the "Dark Souls" of Platformers

It has been almost a week since the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy came out for the "PS4" and if you ask me, it looks just as good as the originals, though there are some gripes I have with the game (especially in regards to the voice acting of which I feel is questionable in most parts). But alas, the mainstream games journalism must find something "witty" to say when covering the N Sane Trilogy games, namelydeclaring Crash Bandicoot, of all franchises, to be the "Dark Souls" of platformers.



It's stuff like this is why I not only not take mainstream gaming news seriously but also feel ashamed to be a millennial; it seems that the newer generation can't seem to appreciate the classics properly. I get that the games in general are tough but not impossible to beat, heck I just was able to beat them almost smoothy last year for the franchise's 20th anniversary celebration. All it took was raw skill and guts, no hand holding, no mircotransactions, no BS, nothing, and that's what I like about most games back in the day.

At least the good news is that a lot of people aren't taking this well and rightly so and in fact mocking it by making memes out of it, one of the joys of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment